Monday, January 19, 2009

v-dub

I have my truck up for sale, and have tapped the V-Dub as my daily driver.So yesterday i finally installed the fuel sending unit(which is a welcome relief since the odometer stopped working shortly after I got the Bug). I was trying to run the gas tank as low as possible to reduce the possibility of an explosion. I did such a good job that I had to go to the gas station with a can before I could test to see if it was really working. This morning since I had the day off CousCous and I headed to gas station to see the results on a full tank. Thanks to JC Whitney it was a successful repair although it is still leaking a bit around the seal since prior to my ownership one of the bolts sheared off and so i can only use 4 out of 5 of the bolts. I don't want to tap it out because I am guessing sparks and gas aren't the best idea. At any rate the gas gauge now works, and if I look extra happy you can attribute it to the fumes!

No comments: