Thursday, June 30, 2011

So long buddy

We had to put Icarus down last Saturday and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. He had been acting weird and we noticed he wasn't breathing right. We took him in and his lungs were full of fluid and well I could go on but the short of the long is we couldn't help him and even after they removed he fluid from his chest he was only better for a day. The even harder part was he was still mentally fine but the poor guy just couldn't breathe. I thought he was invincible every time over the last eleven years when he knocked on deaths door I braced my self but with a little cash and care he always pulled thru. I thought this time would be the same but unfortunately he and I both ran out of luck.

I miss you buddy! Every morning I wake up i wait for you to come and bug me but then I remember. . . .

3 comments:

Adam said...

I'm so sorry. I loved that guy and his sex blankie.

QTNEY13 said...

Thanks Adam! I know you understand. I'm really bummed about it, especially in the morning. Every morning for a decade and a little change he has always been there and it's really hard now that he isn't.

Adam said...

I struggled for a long time after Vincent passed on at the waaaaay too young age of five.

It took a while before I stopped expecting him to come bounding towards the door when I got home, "meeping" all the way.

You'll have his memories and funny pictures though. :-) Good old Icarus. May his voyage through the ether include cherry blankets and funny lion cuts with lots of treats for good measure.